EARLY Bomberman Jetters Information UNCOVERED!

 

So, I COMPLETELY forgot to write about this as it happened.
Also, that write-up on the R2 news is coming soon, don't kill me
Keeping this extremely brief, not too long after I published the last article, C62-Hu [or 'Fukumenz'], about a day or two passed by when me, upon waking up, checked Twitter like the terminally-online loser that I am and was almost immediately met with the above image. After running to the Power Bomberman server where I occasionally reside and freaked the hell out about it, I would later find out that this has been out and about on the Japanese side of Twitter for eons.

Regardless, what are we actually looking at?

Well, we're looking at the designs accompanying the earliest draft of Bomberman Jetters. Going from left to right, we have Louie [or 'Rui', for you purists], an early Gangu, Shirobon [of course], male Shout, some random Hige, Bongo, and Myuu. According to an interview posted alongside the Jetters DVD Box set from 2003 that I quite literally nearly had my hands on a year and a half ago, but I was too freaking dumb to just grab, the show started off with two male leads, that being White and Shout, who was originally a guy. Myuu, being the girl of the team, was originally a sexy adult catgirl, though once Shout was changed to a girl, she wound up being scrapped in favor of Birdy, with Myuu eventually going on to become Misty because director Katsuyuki Kodera still had nekos on the mind.

...and that's where I'll stop in regards to interview stuff because I don't have access to the full interview in question. Maybe I'll get around to actually translating that dumb thing in full, provided Ragey doesn't beat me to the punch. Let me know if you'd like to see that. It's got quite a few fun factoids about the show's development.



I'll end things off with a fun fact about Jetters' Shirobon. His head, according to Fukumenz, was made round because the cube look was hard to keep up, which I can absolutely attest to, even as someone who draws this fella a lot. 

Anyway, stay tuned for the R2 stuff and potentially an actual translation og that Box Set interview.

Comments